Welcome
September Featured RPG

"And the Dreamer Dreamed of Mutants" is an original superhuman RPG with a hybrid narrative and sandbox style. This means that, in addition to an on-going often reality warping board-wide plot that you, humble members, can influence through your character's actions, we also adore the more personal inter-character plot and give you free-reign to explore our unique setting.

We are rated 2-1-1 (or PG-13) and welcome all, no matter who you are or where you come from.

IMPORTANT LINKS

The Plot

The Rules

The Equality Policy

The Story So Far

Character Template

Staff
SPIRIT
Owner & Creator

SCOOT
Plot & Advertising
C-box
- Guest friendly.
- Keep to the rules.

- At the moment all our staff are close to the GMT timezone. I promise we're not ignoring you. If you miss us, drop in again whenever!

Listed On
Affiliates
Palandri
CoT%20Affie%20Button.png
Credit
Banner credit goes to Zozma and Heather of Distant Fantasies. Everything else is property of it's respective owners.

Closed
New Poll

Rachel Ivory
Rachel Ivory
 Posted: Oct 1 2014, 05:50 PM
Played By:
Maggie
Psionic
Powers
Psychometry
Empathy

Organization
Unaffiliated

Name: Rachel Ivory
Species: Mutant

Appearance

user posted image

Face: Tatiana Maslany
Height: 1.62 meters
Weight: 60 kilos
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Anything else?

Rachel usually wears anything that’s comfortable. She doesn’t like dresses or skirts and would rather wear jeans to any occasion. She wears the same pair of sneakers everywhere she goes and the same grey old hoodie when it’s cold. She wears glasses but only when reading. Her hair is pretty much left to do what it wills. She combs it every day before leaving, but her curls will sometimes take a life of their own, but she’s not bothered by it. Rachel takes care of her hygiene like any other normal person would, with soap, some lotions, shampoos and what not keeping her from smelling too bad.

Her biggest secret is a rather ugly scar that goes from her hip on the left side, all the way up to her left ribs. She wishes there was a fancy story for that one, but truly there isn’t. It’d be far more romantic if she’d hurt herself saving someone else, and not by being an idiot when she was younger and tried to bake a cake, but never making sure the over had actually been on. So the kitchen filled up with gas and when she noticed the burner was off, she’d tried to turn it on. Not the smartest move. She’d managed to turn when she saw the flame coming, but it hit her left side and her clothes caught fire. Not the most romantic of stories, is it?

Her nails are usually short considering how much she nibbles on them. Not only that, but Rachel has many nervous habits that come through especially when talking to others. She’s crouch her back, keep her eyes low, bit her lower lip, purse her lips when annoyed and over all look uncomfortable at all times. She’d use make up sometimes, if she bothers with it. Just the minimal though, due to the fact that she doesn’t know how to apply most of it. Overall, her appearance is a lot like her personality, completely plain, but not particularly ugly.

Personality

Rachel’s the kind of person not many would notice. She’s rather quiet and likes to keep from others, scared that someone will find out she’s a mutant. She can be rather snarky when in a bad mood, preferring sarcasm and glares to real blowouts. She’s rather lazy when it comes to working out, but will walk for hours if she has the need. And she usually does. She prefers public transportation to cars, considering she can’t really afford much with her current pay. The girl doesn’t have many friends, rather keeping to herself and be alone than going out with others. She hates parties and clubs and any place too loud or crowded. Being as solitary as she is, romance isn’t seen as an option to her, wanting to keep herself from getting hurt, considering how her family turned out to be. Not much can be said about Rachel, since she doesn’t let many too close. If she did, they would see she’s not as bad as she seems, her aggressiveness only a sign of how socially awkward she is.

Deep inside, Rachel isn’t that bad. She’s actually very caring when it comes to the pain of others. She likes looking out for people, particularly children and the sick. And that’s where her convictions usually lay. She’d protect the ones who can’t protect themselves no matter the cost, wanting nothing more than to lesser the pain of others.

She can be rather negative when it comes to new things, rather giving up on something due to fear of failing. That is unless it involves others. If someone gave her a chance, she’d be the most loyal person there was, considering how in need of love she is. Which is a shame, since she doesn’t like being touched, much less anything related to love.

Rachel spends her days either reading or playing random games in her old cellphone. She sometimes dares to bake again, from time to time, always closely checking if the burner is on. She’s behind with anything technological, except for computers, which she uses at work… sporadically. She’d never admit it, but she also likes romantic movies, however she’d spend the time complaining about how stupid it all is or how unrealistic the characters are. Don’t let that confuse you, she enjoys every second of it.

History

Rachel’s story, like herself, isn’t particularly interesting. She’s the baby of Vivian Smith and Miles Ivory. Ah, sorry, doctor Miles Ivory. Doctor I’d rather sleep with anyone but my wife Miles Ivory. Okay, so maybe she still holds a grudge for having her dad destroy her family, at least in her eyes. Not that she blames him. Her mother wasn’t the easiest person to deal with. She would know. Her mother was always the passive aggressive type, having married far too young to the lovely doctor who saved her life. It seemed quite romantic when Rachel was a kid, but now she understood that romance wasn’t all that was needed to keep a marriage working. Her mother ignored the many affairs her husband would have, even if even young Rachel picked up on them.

As for school goes, Rachel was your average student. She was good at sciences and bad at every sport. She would be called nerd or weirdo but it didn’t bug her much. She had her books and her own mind to get lost in to even bother with other people. In fact, she would be the kind of girl no one even knew the name of. Just the lonely girl who sat by herself during lunch hours or would be found in the last table of the library reading an old dusty book.

When talking about her powers, Rachel would tell you they came in so gradually she barely noticed them. Being in a suburban town, Rachel was constantly surrounded by extremists and conservative people. Her mother’s friends constantly talked about what a burden mutants were and how completely irrational was for them to walk among humans. So Rachel grew up thinking mutants were unnatural, a threat and quite possibly evil. Power was to be abused, right? So when she started noticing her own powers, she kept quiet about them, hiding them from the public and wishing to leave the place as soon as she could so her parents wouldn’t get in trouble. The knowledge of such burden made Rachel even more reclusive and lonely, having her push away anyone who even tried to get close to her. Not that she needed to. Her silences were enough to drive any person far from her.

When the girl reached the age of fifteen, her parents divorced and she ended up living with her mother in some gross suburbs until she reached the age of eighteen.

By that time, she managed to leave and live in the city, where she started her training as a nurse. Not much has happened since then, Rachel keeps working long hours at the hospital and returning home to sleep, read or watch a movie on her old T.V. and go back to work the next day.

Right now, Rachel is looking for a better job, barely glancing at the discussion between mutants and humans. While she grew up with the stigma of mutants being evil thanks to her household, she can’t help but pity those who are being oppressed and abused. Time will only tell where she’ll stand.

Powers

Category: Psionic
Abilities:
  1. Psychometry.
    This ability lets Rachel get flashes of the past when touching an object or, with much less frequency, a person. She can't control which memory she'll get or when it'll happen. It can get pretty annoying, especially when she gets flashes of irrelevant memories. Once in a while though, her powers let her see moments that might be relevant to get some information.
  2. Empathy.
    Rachel can feel what others are feeling at a particular moment. Like her psychometry, this power comes through physical touch. This is particularly useful when trying to come up with specific pains a patient might be having. The downside is she feels anything the other person is feeling and sometimes it's rather hard to tell where the other person ends and where her own emotions start.
Who are you again?
OoC name: Maggie
Other characters: None
Anything else you want to say? English is my second language so I tend to speak a bit like Yoda. I’ll try my best to correct this but I ask you to be patient with me. ^^’
PMEmail
^
Spirit
 Posted: Oct 1 2014, 06:10 PM
Played By:
Spirit
Admin
Powers
Owning
Creating

Organization
Unaffiliated

We all start somewhere where the English language is concerned, and besides, you're doing just fine so far.

Everything is looking just fine! So if you would ... Pick a power category.
PMEmail
^
Rachel Ivory
 Posted: Oct 3 2014, 07:51 AM
Played By:
Maggie
Psionic
Powers
Psychometry
Empathy

Organization
Unaffiliated

Done! http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif
PMEmail
^
Spirit
 Posted: Oct 3 2014, 11:36 AM
Played By:
Spirit
Admin
Powers
Owning
Creating

Organization
Unaffiliated

Rachel's slot 1 power is... psychometry.

While you're editing in her powers, please take this time to edit your miniprofile. To do this simply go into your control panel, find the edit info section and fill in all relevant fields with Rachel's information. A member of staff will see to adding her two powers on acceptance, but if for whatever reason this doesn't happen feel free to give us a gentle nudge in the relevant threads, or pm me.

I look forward to seeing this finished http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif
PMEmail
^
Rachel Ivory
 Posted: Oct 3 2014, 11:45 AM
Played By:
Maggie
Psionic
Powers
Psychometry
Empathy

Organization
Unaffiliated

Holy crap, that's an awesome power. I need to do research! XD

Edit: Done! Tell me if I need to change anything.
PMEmail
^
Spirit
 Posted: Oct 3 2014, 12:52 PM
Played By:
Spirit
Admin
Powers
Owning
Creating

Organization
Unaffiliated

ACCEPTED
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll